- Core Knowledge Sequence
- Solid (lasting)
- Sequenced (clearly defined at each grade)
- Specific (what content)
- Shared (included in our national literate culture)
- Integrated subjects with history as framework
- Language Arts, History, Geography, Math, Science, Music and Art
- Building of knowledge across grades
- Aligned to Utah State Core Curriculum
For more information on the Core Knowledge Sequence and an overview of topics by grade, please review the Core Knowledge Sequence & Overview.
- United States and world history and geography
- Our nation’s heritage
- Founding principles and documents
- Responsibilities of citizenship
- Pearson’s Reading Street
- Centered in phonics and content knowledge in early grades.
- Core Knowledge
- Saxon Math
- Go Math
- Based on Core Knowledge Sequence and Utah Core Standards
- Hands-on approach with training in scientific methodologies
- Life sciences, earth sciences, and physical sciences
- Art elements and application of principles
- Art appreciation – Great artists and their works
- Core Knowledge Art
- Great composers and their works
- Integrated with language arts and social studies at elementary level
- Core Knowledge Music
Patriotic, Civic, and Character Education
Jefferson Academy will promote student character education to reaffirm values and qualities of character which promote an upright and desirable citizenry. The civic education will help cultivate informed students, encourage responsible participation in political life, and promote the fundamental values and principles of representative democracy in Utah and the United States.
We will teach patriotic education as part of the social studies curricula. Examples of civic education include:
- History of the flag, etiquette, customs pertaining to the display and use of the flag, and other patriotic exercises;
- Role modeling patriotic values associated with the flag;
- Forms of government; and
- The Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
For more information on the school curriculum, view the Curriculum FAQ’s.