Welcome to Jefferson Academy!
Thank you for your interest in attending Jefferson Academy. Enroll now for 2017-2018!
Jefferson Academy will continue to accept enrollment applications for the 2017-2018 school year. Students will be accepted through a lottery process as seats become available. If interested in enrolling for this year, we encourage you to apply today! Call the school to enter the lottery for this current school year.
Jefferson Academy will start accepting enrollment applications for the 2018-2019 school year on January 8, 2018 at 9:00 am.
- The first open enrollment period will be held from January 8, 2018 through February 5, 2018. The first lottery will be held on February 5, 2018.
- Open enrollment periods will then be on an as needed basis with lotteries held as vacancies are available.
Currently enrolled students will receive an emailed Intent to Return on December 4, 2017. Intent to Return needs to be replied to by January 12, 2018. Students currently attending the school will receive first preference.
For the 2017-2018 school year and thereafter, Jefferson Academy may enroll up to 825 elementary students in grades K-6.
Available spaces will be filled at random from the lottery pool. Families will be notified via e-mail of their child’s acceptance into the school through the computerized lottery program. Families selected will be notified of the next steps in the registration process and what timeline they will need to follow.
Applications for new families will continue to be accepted throughout the school year. Any openings that become available after the initial lottery will be filled on an as-needed basis through a randomized lottery process.
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces four Federal statutes that prohibit discrimination in programs and activities that receive Federal financial assistance from the Department of Education (ED). Jefferson Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer, read our USDA Non-Discrimination Statement for more information.
Completion and submission of an enrollment application does not guarantee admission to, or constitute acceptance in, Jefferson Academy. Please be sure to fill out ALL appropriate information and requested fields before you submit the application. Be sure to double check dates, phone numbers, and email addresses. It is imperative for all information to be complete. Be sure to record your confirmation number which allows you to update important changes as they become necessary. This will also be e-mailed to you automatically.
Should there be more students applied than positions available, student names will be randomly ordered and chosen on that basis, referred to as a lottery. Every effort will be made to accept all siblings in an individual family, but this may not be possible due to the cap on class sizes and the lottery process. Siblings of students currently in the school will be given preference if openings become available.
Definitions of status are as follows:
- Applied – Not yet accepted into the school through the random lottery process.
- Accepted – Accepted into the school, but registration paperwork is not complete.
- Confirmed – Accepted into the school, notified school of desire to attend, but registration paperwork is not complete.
- Registered – Accepted and completed registration paperwork.
- Declined – Either accepted into the school and you did not complete registration paperwork before the deadline or changed your mind about wanting to be considered for the school.
For additional questions regarding enrollment, please see our Enrollment FAQ’s .